|Lecturer||Term||Examination Regulations||Module block||Module|
|Dr. med. Jean-Baptist du Prel, M.P.H.||Summer term||2017||Occupational safety||Work and health|
Learning objective of the subject "Preventive Medicine": Fundamentals of Preventive Medicine, Practice of Preventive Medicine
The aim of the lecture Preventive Medicine in the module Occupational health science and medicine is to provide students with in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
• Preventive medical theory and practice of workplace health management including workplace health promotion, occupational health and safety, occupational medical prevention and workplace integration management,
• common work-related mental and physical illnesses, their development through occupational exposures and preventive measures to prevent them,
• Diseases with increased health and work-related risks and company intervention options,
• Responsibilities of the medical officer and other parties involved in the field of occupational prevention and health promotion,
• Prevention mandate of the insurance companies.
Learning tools and methods:
• In addition to the lecture, students are encouraged to deepen the knowledge acquired through the lecture through recommended reading and their own literature study.
Current information (time, place) can be found in StudiLöwe and in the department's showcase. Teaching materials are made available in Moodle after the course.